10 Carnations
10 Classic Carnations
9.99
(Free delivery in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
15 Carnations
15 Classic Carnations
13.99
(Free delivery in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Sunshine Bouquet
Sunshine Bouquet
13.99
(Free delivery in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Single Red Rose
Single Red Rose
15.99
(Free delivery in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
For a Baby Boy
Bouquet for a Baby Boy
28.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
For a Baby Girl
..and for a Baby Girl
28.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Candy Stripe
Candy Stripe
23.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Fragrant
Fragrant Freesias
17.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Plants and Houseplants
House Plants
18.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Lilies
Longiflorum Lilies
19.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Balloons
Helium Balloons
9.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
24 Roses
24 Red Rosess
44.99
(Delivered free in Blackpool!)
[More Info Here]
Blackpool

Links


Canasta Hotel in Blackpool
Blackpool Web Design

Blackpool History


The most significant event in the early growth of the town occurred in 1846, with the completion of a branch line to Blackpool from Poulton on the main Preston and Wyre Joint Railway line from Preston to Fleetwood. Fleetwood declined as a resort, as its founder and principal financial backer, Peter Hesketh-Fleetwood went bankrupt. In contrast, Blackpool boomed. A sudden influx of visitors, arriving by rail, provided the motivation for entrepreneurs to build accommodations and create new attractions, leading to more visitors and a rapid cycle of growth throughout the 1850s and 1860s. In 1851 a Board of Health was formed. Gas lighting was introduced in 1852, and piped water in 1864. By 1851, the town's population was over 2500.

The growth was intensified by the practice among the Lancashire cotton mill owners to close the factories for a week every year to service and repair machinery. These became known as wakes weeks. Each town's mills would close for a different week, allowing Blackpool to manage a steady and reliable stream of visitors over a prolonged period in the summer.

In 1863, the North Pier was completed, rapidly becoming a centre of attraction for elite visitors. Central Pier was completed in 1868, with a theatre and a large open-air dance floor. The town expanded southward beyond what is today known as the Golden Mile, towards South Shore, and South Pier was completed in 1893, making Blackpool the only town in the United Kingdom with three piers. In 1878, the Winter Gardens complex opened, incorporating ten years later the Opera House, said to be the largest in Britain outside of London.

The town was granted a Charter of Incorporation as a municipal borough in 1876. W.H. Cocker, son of Dr John Cocker, and therefore grandson of Henry Banks, was its first mayor. The town would become a county borough in 1904.

Links